Bed bug infestations are one of the most frustrating pest issues to deal with in a building. These pesky critters are relatively small in size and are a reddish-brown color. Bed bugs are very hard to detect, especially since they tend to live in concealed areas including box springs, mattresses, bed frames, and crevices in the wall. If you have a bed bug infestation, it is vital to contact an experienced pest removal company in the Chicago area.
Platinum Pest Solutions is here to help when you have a bed bug infestation, but to prevent the spread of bed bugs it is important to remember these tips.
- When you are traveling, avoid placing suitcases or luggage near the bed or walls. Bed bugs move from place to place by hitching a ride and your luggage is the first place they will go.
- Try to pack all clothing items and shoes in plastic bags to protect them from bed bugs.
- Whether you are staying in a hotel or a friend’s apartment, always check for signs of bed bugs, such as rust colored stains on the bed or bed bug exoskeletons. Always inform your host or hotel manager immediately if you notice bed bug activity.
- If you are the host to a friend or family member, and you have an existing bed bug infestation, make sure to tell your guests before they come to your home, so that they don’t facilitate the further spread of bed bugs.
- When you have a large infestation of beg bugs, call professional exterminators to handle the problem.
Are you dealing with bed bugs in your Chicago area home? Turn to Platinum Pest Solutions for pest removal and extermination services. We are here to put bed bugs to rest.